At Not a Clue Adventures it is our goal to make sure you are camping safely during Covid-19.
Yes, we are still open and we are offering guided adventures, but with some minor changes. Our first goal is to get everyone outdoors in a safe manor, and it always has been. Here are some of the things we are doing to make sure your camping safely this upcoming season.
The CDC says “staying physically active is one of the best ways to keep your mind and body healthy.” The agency is encouraging people to visit parks and camp, but with some basic rules. You will need to continue to practice good personal hygiene and maintain social distancing.
We are booking smaller groups
– Our group events will be smaller this year focusing on limited families at each event. Families will camp together in provided tent that has been sterilized. Whenever possible, families will enjoy their meals on separate picnic tables as a family unit. Bathroom facilities will be monitored and cleaned often. Activities will be edited to ensure social distancing is possible, including campfire activities.
We are sanitizing equipment after each use
– Not only are we treating the tents, air mattresses, lanterns, etc – we also have enough equipment to rotate the use of each to provide time in between to make sure surfaces do not retain any possible infectious surfaces.
Mask use will be encouraged
– When we have an activity in which it will not be possible to maintain social distancing we will encourage that leaders and participants to wear masks.
“Not maintaining social distancing puts you at risk of being in close proximity to someone who may have the disease and not know they have it,” says Gomez. And, as the CDC recommends, if you cannot maintain that distance, wear a mask. “Face coverings are most essential in times when social distancing is difficult,” says the CDC.
Maintaining safely during meals
– Participants will only be permitted to assist with cooking portion of meal ONLY to be consumed by their own family members; meals will be served by family group and enjoyed at separate tables. We still encourage you to bring your own mess kit &vessel for drinking and refilling. Cleaning station(s) for your mess kit will be provided.
– There will be hand sanitizer located at multiple locations and we will encourage use. There will be a location to use soap and water for cleaning on location.
Visitors from outside Florida
– We will be requesting notification if you have traveled from out f state and in the 2 weeks prior to your guided camping with us. If so we will have a short survey for you to complete that we will keep in file for 30 days in case of a person in your group testing positive.
– Each adult participant, staff member and volunteer will be required to complete a Camping Safely COVID-19 screening questionnaire upon arrival.
We have taken the time to put together these additional safety steps to ensure all of our guests are as safe as possible during this time of the Covid-19 pandemic. We encourage you to continue to enjoy the outdoors and to make healthy life choices by staying active. If you have any additional questions please contact us directly at 813-789-0904. We will be happy to speak with you about your concerns.