Best Florida State Parks for kids to learn about the importance of our waterways this summer:
- Silver Springs State Park: This park is home to a variety of wildlife, including manatees, turtles, and alligators. Kids can take a glass-bottom boat tour to see the wildlife up close or go for a swim in the spring-fed pool.
- Crystal River State Park: This park is another great place to see manatees. In the winter, manatees come to Crystal River to warm up in the spring-fed waters. Kids can go swimming with the manatees, or take a guided tour of the park.
- Weeki Wachee Springs State Park: This park is home to a mermaid show, where mermaids swim underwater and perform tricks. Kids will love watching the mermaid show, and they can also go for a swim in the spring-fed pool.
- Myakka River State Park: This park is home to a variety of wildlife, including alligators, deer, and birds. Kids can go hiking, biking, or kayaking in the park. They can also go on a guided swamp tour to see the alligators up close.
- Andrews State Park: This park is located on the Gulf Coast of Florida. Kids can go swimming, sunbathing, or fishing in the park. They can also go for a hike or bike ride on the park’s trails.
These are just a few of the 175 Florida State Parks that are perfect for kids. With so many different activities and things to see, kids are sure to have a fun and educational summer at any of these parks. Check out all of the wonderful state parks we have in Florida at https://www.floridastateparks.org/
Book a Private Guide for your Florida State Park Adventure
Are you interested in camping at one of Florida’s fabulous state parks but are not sure how to plant the trip – consider booking Not a Clue Adventures as your guide. We can provide all the camping gear, meals and activities to ensure you get to enjoy as much of the location as possible during your stay! Advance reservations are required. Locations can be chosen to give you the best experience for your family! https://notaclueadventures.com/custom-adventures/